How to Wash and Care for Your Kanga Care Items
The number one thing to remember when caring for your diapers is they are just another load! There is no magical solution that you should need and no crazy tricks.
Please do not use laundry additives such as bleach, Oxiclean, Borax or Bac-out to wash your Kanga Care products. If you have questions about our washing instructions, please ask! We are happy to help!
Prepping Hemp & Bamboo Inserts
To prep your hemp or bamboo inserts wash and dry them approximately six times before use. This will bring out their maximum absorbency. You may or may not use detergent. Microfiber inserts only need to be washed once before use.
Breast Fed Poop:
- You do not need to do anything. Breastmilk poop is 100% organic and will dissolve in the wash.
- As with any other diaper, remove as much solid material as possible at the time of diaper change (shake into toilet or use a diaper sprayer).
*Did you know that even disposable diaper companies post to their packaging that all solids should be disposed of in the toilet before tossing the diaper? Our landfills are NOT designed to handle human waste. Flush the poop!
- Make sure to avoid using the sanitize cycle on your washing machine.
- Store your dirty diapers in a dry pail or wet bag (it is called a wet bag because this is where wet things can be stored. Do not fill with water). Do not store in a wet pail. Doing so will void your warranty.
- Do not soak your diapers in water, detergents or additives. Soaking can damage the TPU and elastic of your diapers.
- When drying, do not dry in direct sunlight. The heat of the sun can damage or fade your diapers. Line drying can wear out your elastic!
- When stuffing your diapers, wait until they have cooled from drying. Stuffing while warm will prematurely wear out your elastics.
- Avoid using diaper creams. They might waterproof your diapers and you will end up with leaks. If you absolutely must use a cream, please use a reusable liner to protect your diapers.